X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• groovy highlighting

The highlighting for groovy/grails breaks all the time. I have to close the file and reopen it to get it to highlight again properly. Anyway to force rehighlighting without closing/opening the file?

thanks

is this thing on? or this forum just beyond dead?

Comment

Sts?

Are you talking about the highlighting of Groovy code in STS? Please be a little more specific.

Brian

Comment

Yes, in STS.

Thanks

Comment

What version?

Which version of STS are you using? The highlighting seems to get better in later ones...

Brian

Comment

Version: 2.3.3.CI-R5594-B53

Thanks

Comment

You might want to download 2.5.0 and see if it's better behaved on highlighting. I've noticed improvements.

Brian

Comment

Ok, thanks again

Comment

is there a manual way to force the current editor to be rehighlighted without closing and reopening the file?

thanks

Comment

Updated to the latest STS. No change in the groovy highlighting. It's still very hit or miss. Is there not an easy way to ask STS to rehighlight the current buffer as if it had just been opened?

Thanks

Comment

You might want to ask this on the Spring Development Tools forum. I've not noticed major problems in Groovy syntax highlighting for a long time, so I'm wondering whether you have the latest Groovy Eclipse plugin installed. Go to STS' About dialog and check what version of Groovy Eclipse is installed (you should just need to click on the Groovy logo). I'm on 2.1.0.xx-20101020-1000-e36-release.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'm using version: 2.1.0.xx-20101020-1000-e36-release
                        Of the plugin. I get highlighting errors all day every day

Comment

Working...
                        X