X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with war and Spring Security taglib

I am using the <sec:access> tag in my layout to enable/disable menu options according to the user roles as follows
    Code:
    <table style="width:350px;float:left;">
    	  			<tr>
    	  			    <sec:access expression="hasRole('ROLE_BUSINESS_ADMIN')">
    	    			<td class="menu_pipe">|</td>
    	    			<td class="menu_group" id="fileMenu"><a><g:message code="menu.main.file" /></a></td>
    	    			</sec:access>
    	    			<sec:access expression="hasRole('ROLE_USER')">
    	    			<td class="menu_group" id="dataflowsMenu"><a><g:message code="menu.main.dataflows" /></a></td>
    	    			<td class="menu_group" id="optionsMenu"><a><g:message code="menu.main.options" /></a></td>
    	    			<td class="menu_group" id="processingMenu"><a><g:message code="menu.main.processing" /></a></td>
    	    			<td class="menu_group" id="validationMenu"><a><g:message code="menu.main.validation" /></a></td>
    	    			<td class="menu_group" id="adminMenu"><a><g:message code="menu.main.administration" /></a></td>
    	  			</tr>
       			</table>
    This works fine in development and when I produce a war file through STS.

However, when I build a war using the Grails war task and a custom 'build' environment in Hudson and deploy the war file to Tomcat, I am able to login successfully, but none of the menu options are visible.

Another item in the same page using the <sec:ifLoggedIn> tag is correctly enabled/disabled so I don't think that there is a problem with the Spring Security Core plugin generally.

Debug logging does not show any errors, so I have been unable to track down the problem.

Has anybody encountered a similar problem or is anybody aware of any problem with this tag and custom environments?

I am using STS 2.3.3.M2, Grails 1.3.1, Spring Security Core 1.0.1, Hudson Grails Plugin 1.3, Hudson 1.3.27.

Doh, ignore this post - the problem was a missing row in the join table between user and role.

Comment

Working...
    X