Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
LazyInitialization Exceptions with Webflow 1.3.4 and Shiro 1.1-SNAPSHOT Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyInitialization Exceptions with Webflow 1.3.4 and Shiro 1.1-SNAPSHOT

Hi Guys
    Trying to perform a simple web flow.

here is the class

Code:
     class RegistrationController {

static allowedMethods = [save: "POST", update: "POST", delete: "POST", register: "POST", register: "GET"]

def index = {
            redirect(action:"register")
        }//end index screen

//renders the menu of the page - or the landing page for this controller
        def menu = {
            chain(action:register,model: [personInstance: new Person()])
        }//end show registration menu

// a web flow for registering a new student
        def registerFlow = {

createStudent {
                //if create button is clicked
                log.debug('Entering createStudent')

on("create")
                {
                    log.debug('inside on create')

def personInstance = new Person(params)
                    if (!personInstance.validate()) {
                        flow.student = personInstance
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        flash.message = "${message(code: 'minimalist.created.message', args: [RegistrationSchedule])}"
                        flow.student = personInstance
                        return error()
                    }

}.to "registerStudent"

//if cancel button is clicked
                on("cancel")
                {
                    log.debug('inside on cancel')

redirect( action:"menu")
                }
            }//create student

registerStudent{
                on("register")
                {
                    def registrationInstance = new RegistrationSchedule(params)
                    if (!registrationInstance.validate()) {

flow.registration = registrationInstance
                        flow.student.schedules.add(registration)
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        flash.message = "${message(code: 'minimalist.created.message', args: [RegistrationSchedule])}"
                        flow.registration = registrationInstance
                        return error()
                    }
                }
                .to "verifyRegistration"

//if back button is clicked
                on("back").to "create"

//if cancel button is clicked
                on("cancel")
                {
                }
            }//register student

verifyRegistration{
                on("finish").to "showMenu"

//if back button is clicked
                on("back").to "create"

on("cancel")
                {
                }
            }//print registration

showMenu {
            }

}//registration flow

}
    and I get this exception when I attempt to go to the first node on the flow:

Code:
    2010-08-16 14:17:17,379 [http-8080-2] ERROR errors.GrailsExceptionResolver  - failed to lazily initialize a collection of role: ShiroUser.permissions, no session or session was closed
    org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: failed to lazily initialize a collection of role: ShiroUser.permissions, no session or session was closed
            at ShiroDbRealm.isPermitted(ShiroDbRealm.groovy:76)
            at ShiroDbRealm$isPermitted.call(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.shiro.grails.RealmWrapper.isPermitted(RealmWrapper.groovy:227)
            at org.apache.shiro.grails.RealmAdapter.isPermitted(RealmAdapter.java:57)
            at org.apache.shiro.authz.ModularRealmAuthorizer.isPermitted(ModularRealmAuthorizer.java:224)
            at org.apache.shiro.mgt.AuthorizingSecurityManager.isPermitted(AuthorizingSecurityManager.java:114)
            at $Proxy9.isPermitted(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.DelegatingSubject.isPermitted(DelegatingSubject.java:153)
            at ShiroGrailsPlugin.accessControlMethod(ShiroGrailsPlugin.groovy:505)
            at ShiroGrailsPlugin.accessControlMethod(ShiroGrailsPlugin.groovy)
            at ShiroGrailsPlugin$_closure3_closure23.doCall(ShiroGrailsPlugin.groovy:250)
            at SecurityFilters$_closure1_closure2_closure3.doCall(SecurityFilters.groovy:13)
            at SecurityFilters$_closure1_closure2_closure3.doCall(SecurityFilters.groovy)
            at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.executeChain(AbstractShiroFilter.java:359)
            at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter$1.call(AbstractShiroFilter.java:275)
            at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.doCall(SubjectCallable.java:90)
            at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.call(SubjectCallable.java:83)
            at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.DelegatingSubject.execute(DelegatingSubject.java:343)
            at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.doFilterInternal(AbstractShiroFilter.java:272)
            at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:83)
            at org.apache.shiro.grails.SavedRequestFilter.doFilter(SavedRequestFilter.java:55)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    2010-08-16 14:17:17,398 [http-8080-2] ERROR [Tomcat].[localhost]  - Exception Processing ErrorPage[errorCode=500, location=/grails-errorhandler]
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot reset buffer after response has been committed
            at org.apache.catalina.connector.Response.resetBuffer(Response.java:691)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.custom(StandardHostValve.java:409)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.status(StandardHostValve.java:343)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.throwable(StandardHostValve.java:287)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:142)
            at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
            at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
            at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:849)
            at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
            at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:454)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

There isn't much out there about this exception but it appears to be something that Webflow had a while ago. Has anyone else seen this ? I am on grails 1.3.3 and a little desperate.

thanks

You should be able to fix this easily. Simply wrap the code in ShiroDbRealm.isPermitted() in a transaction like so:
    Code:
    def isPermitted(...) {
        ShiroUser.withTransaction {
        }
    }
    This will ensure that a single session is created and maintained for the life of the transaction. In fact, the default realm should be doing this, so I've raised an issue.

Comment

Re: worked !

Thanks pledbrook
      that worked and got it working. I wrapped the entire contents of the method with the transaction construct and the exception disappeared.

Comment

I encountered the same problem this morning and found this post. This solution worked for me also. Talk about a just in time post! Many thanks.

Comment

More clarification please

Apologies but I'm still a relative newbie to Grails / Groovy - doesn't help that somehow my STS doesn't really do any proper syntax highlighting. I've also encountered this problem in my usage of web flows but need a bit more clarification w.r.t. what @pledbrook mentioned. When you say you wrap the entire method in:

Code:
          def isPermitted(...) {
              }
          }
          I'm assuming you mean that if I had my web flow as such:

Code:
          def createRuleFlow =
          {
              setProperties
              {
              }
          }
          then I should do the wrapping like:

Code:
          def isPermitted(...) {
                  def createRuleFlow =
                  {
                       setProperties
                       {
                       }
                  }
              }
          }
          But after doing that, I can't seem to access the flow any more. Does the access URL to my flow change after I do the wrapping?

Thanks!

Comment

Solved! I should have RTFM!!!

OK never mind - I did a closer look at the FAQ for Shiro and found that in the FAQ, this was mentioned:
            Q: I get a LazyInitializationException when using the Shiro plugin with WebFlow. How do I fix it?

A: WebFlow actions bypass the standard GrailsOpenSessionInViewInterceptor which means that if you access the database from within a Grails filter, you won't have a Hibernate session available. This is what happens when you use the accessControl {} syntax from a filter.

Probably the best solution is to execute the database access from within a transaction, either by using withTransaction inside your realm methods, or modifying the realm to delegate to a transactional service.
            I then realized the "wrapping" should be done within the conf/ShiroSecurityFilters.groovy around the "accessControl()" call. I did that and finally this was resolved.

Comment

Working...
            X