Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Spring-Security-Ldap authentication

Hello,
    I had setup my grails-app and install spring-security-core and also Spring-Security-Ldap. I successfully connected to the ldap active directory, and users from all groups could authenticate. However, when I try to retrieveGroupRoles, users get the (Not granted any authorities) problem.

Here is my config for ldap:
    grails.plugins.springsecurity.ldap.context.server = 'ldap://ldap.myinstitution.edu'
    grails.plugins.springsecurity.ldap.authorities.ign orePartialResultException = true
    grails.plugins.springsecurity.ldap.search.base = 'ou=groups,dc=myinstitution,dc=edu'
    grails.plugins.springsecurity.ldap.search.searchSu btree = true
    grails.plugins.springsecurity.ldap.search.filter=' uid={0}'
    grails.plugins.springsecurity.providerNames = ['ldapAuthProvider', 'anonymousAuthenticationProvider', 'rememberMeAuthenticationProvider']
    grails.plugins.springsecurity.ldap.authorities.ret rieveDatabaseRoles = false
    grails.plugins.springsecurity.ldap.useRememberMe = false
    grails.plugins.springsecurity.ldap.authorities.ret rieveGroupRoles = true
    grails.plugins.springsecurity.ldap.authorities.gro upRoleAttribute = 'ou'
    grails.plugins.springsecurity.ldap.authorities.pre fix = 'ROLE_'
    grails.plugins.springsecurity.ldap.authorities.gro upSearchBase ='ou=groups,dc=myinstitution,dc=edu'

there are some groups in my ldap. My understanding was that when retrieveGroupRoles is set to true the group names will turn into a role. a.e ou=employees into ['ROLE_EMPLOYEES]

How would I fix the problem and make sure that the groups turn into roles?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Hani
Working...
X