Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Error executing script GenerateController: No such property: f for class: SimpleTempl Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error executing script GenerateController: No such property: f for class: SimpleTempl

Hi experts

I am new to Grails and trying to do something without much luck. Ok here I go

I have two tables abc and def. I want to move data from abc to def based on some rules. For my project, I am expecting several such cases in future (mapping tables klm with xyz, pqrst with jklmn so on so forth), hence the need for generalization).

The classes Abc and Def are shown below

Code:
    class Abc {

String firstAbc
    String secondAbc

static constraints = {
        firstAbc(nullable:true)
        secondAbc(nullable:true)
    }
    }

class Def {

String fieldA
    String someRandomField

static constraints = {

}
    }
    I created a domain class called Mappings (that will act as parent for all future mappings) that is shown below

Code:
    class Mappings {

String inputTable // in this case this will be abc
    String inputField // can be firstAbc or secondAbc
    String inputValue // some value

String outputTable // def in this case
    String outputField // either of fieldA or someRandomField
    String outputValue
    }
    Then I extended Mappings to create my specific instance called AbcDefMapping, that is shown below

Code:
    class AbcDefMapping extends Mappings {
    }
    The rules for mapping abc with def are stored in AbcDefMapping. One such rule could be
    when abc.firstAbc is “jack”, store “jacky” in def.fieldA.
    The values for mappings in this case would be
    inputTable = abc
    inputField = firstAbc
    inputValue = “jack”
    outputTable = def
    outputField = fieldA
    outputValue = “jacky”
    I want to add a method called transform() in Controller.groovy that would do the needful, so that in future I just create the domain classes, mapping class and scaffold the controller. I want to list all the input objects(Abc.list() in this case), access the mapping rules as explained above, create new Def domain instances and save them. For this I need to split ${classname} (=AbcDefMapping in this case) to separate out the two domain classes (Abc and Def in this case). I wrote a for loop to split ${classname} at uppercases and stored them in the array csplit[]. At this stage, I am not sure how to split the ${classname} so that it transforms into Abc.list() in my generated controller class. Here is my code

Code:
    def transform(){
        def csplit = []
        def count = 0
        for (i in ${className}){
            if (i == i.toUpperCase() && count!=0){
                csplit.add(count)

}
            count++
        }
    def f = csplit[0].length()
        def inputs = ${className.substring(0,3)}.list() // here instead of manually inserting 3, I need to insert f
        def inputTable = ${className}.substring(0,1).toLowerCase() + ${className}.substring(1,3) //replace 3 with f again
        def mappings = ${className}.executeQuery(" from ${className} acm  where acm.inputTable = '" + inputTable + "'  order by acm.inputField, acm.inputValue, acm.outputField, acm.outputValue")
        println mappings

}
    Please suggest how do I do this or is there a better way to achieve what I am trying to achieve.
Working...
X