Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• run-app versus run-war

I have a grails 2.0.1project and using STS 2.9.1

This is really odd and am wondering if anyone has experienced the following behavior..

When I perform a grails run-war or war and deploy to a remote tomcat server all is well with the project.
    When I perform a grails run-app or Debug as run-app, the instance of the app has some outdated Config.groovy and some old controller code.

I've tried various iterations of clean and compile to no avail. Has anyone seen this behaviour? Any suggestions?
    Thanks much,
    -marty

Hi Marty,

I've never had that experience.

Make sure the target folder is actually empty after you do your 'grails clean'. Maybe its not actually dropping everything. You could also add a space to the controller in question, save it, and then recompile so that the compiler sees it as a new version and recompiles (although the clean should have compiled it anyway). Make sure the file date is current, maybe the controller file is locked somehow and grails compile is skipping it because it cannot write to it.

Other than that, maybe check you config files and make sure there's no weird environment specific settings in your config files.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I've actually deleted everything under ~/.grails and in the target directory and rebuilt the application. I still set incorrect config data when performing as run-app. but run-war is good. I'm befuddled.

Comment

Working...
      X