Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhausting (and frustrating) Grails setup - no success

Hi guys,

I am new here in the forum and this is my last try with GRAILS, if I don't find help here, I am moving on to GTW or another java framework.

It is extremely frustrating, because I am following the so called "simple steps" to install Grails (http://www.grails.org/STS+Integration) and it just doesn't work!!! I am 2 days already trying this, and loosing my patience with it.

I've installed STS 2.8.1 (no problem at all), but when I try to click on the extensions tb to get the grails extension to install, I never get it. I only get this:
    Attachment

In my first try I did get grails and groovy, but when I tried proceed with the installation it hung until fail the installation.

Things I've tried already:
    - Remove the Read-only in springsource directory: doesn't really matter it always return the read-only mode automatically;
    - Turn off my firewall: I don't think that's the problem, really.
    - Turn off computer, hub, router, reinitialize everything and try again: I had tried that dozens of times already.
    - Download extensions manually and install: i dont know how to do it, it should be more straightforward;
    - Try to install using Help=>INstall New Software: it hangs, never finishes the installation.

Any help with that? Anyone that faced the same problem before? I had similar issues with GWT Plugin for Eclipse, but I solved much more quicker. Not the same solution for GRAILS, though.

Many thanks in advance,
    Silas.
    Attached Files

Answering my own question....

Hi again,

I finally discovered what was the problem. It looks like Spring Source doesn't reach the repositories if you have AVG Anti Virus activated in your computer.

That was the problem. After completely disactivate AVG, the installation ran smoothtly.

Regards,
    Silas.

Comment

What AVG and WIndows version are you running? I use free AVG on Win7 and I don't have to disable AVG to install...

Comment

Same version here... do u have all the features enabled???

Comment

Vanilla install... I don't know what features are enabled because I didn't do anything!
          I can check specific things if you ask me for them, if that helps.

Comment

Working...
          X