X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic AppContext in appServer

Hi, i working in a very big application, and we decide to use spring as provider of service from the logic layer to the presentation layer.
    Now we use EJB, but we want to migrate to RMI and spring, the question is, when y build my ear, and for example i deploy this into the jboss, how the server automaticaly start up the rmi, register them, and how create the application context, in fact

Its there any class or way to do the same as do in the web.xml for web applications ??
    Thanks a lot

As in a web application you can configure ContextLoaderListener or ContextLoaderServlet in the web.xml file. So the application context gets loaded and the beans will be instantiated.
    If you specify your RMI exporters there, the RMI registry will be started automatically.

Regards,
    Andreas

Comment

But i dont have any web application, so i dont have a web.xml.
      The clients (some of tis web applicationes, are in anothers machines)

Comment

Even when you have no web application, you can have a war-file in your ear. Inside that you can provide a web.xml providing an initialization entry point.

And if you want to use RMI-remoting (or another spring-supported protocol) you can deploy your app inside the war. No need to have an ejb-jar (if you have no ejbs).

Regards,
        Andreas

Comment

ups .. i didnt know that ...thanks a lot, i try this

Comment

Working...
          X