Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specifying home interface in config

Hi,

I am trying to allow a spring web flow project to access some EJBs for some functional pieces, I have (in EJB project):
    1.) Business delegate
    2.) Home interface (this is an EJB 2 project)
    3.) Remote interface
    4.) Session Bean
    5.) finally Business Object (POJO) that does the dirty work by calling DAO etc.

pretty standard traditional application, now the issue is that I have specified:

Code:
    <bean id="userBD"
    		class="org.springframework.ejb.access.LocalStatelessSessionProxyFactoryBean">
    		<property name="jndiName" value="ejb/com/companyName/ModelSFacadeHome" />
    		<property name=""></property>
    		<property name="businessInterface"
    			value="com.companyName.services.ModelBD" />
    	</bean>
    Spring container loads everything up successful, but when i try to call the method on the Business Delegate, it looks for the method and throws a method not found exception. The method not found comes on _ModelSFacadeHome_Stub.methodName( ).

Which would make sense since on home interface there are no such methods! I need to be able to call my session bean somehow, but my JNDI bindings are for home interface ...

What am i doing wrong or missing here? any suggestions?

Rick

you have to extend the Business Interface in the Local Interface

Thanks

Comment

Solved

Hi,

I apologize for not posting this earlier, the problem was that ibm- binding files were missing ejb references and also the reference then did not match from binding file with JNDI look ups. Once I fixed all of those, everything comes in nicely.

Just as an additional note, it may be useful to do a lazy-init here (refer to documentation for more details as it explains it all very clearly).

Thanks for your help guys, appreciate it!

Rick

Comment

Working...
      X