Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• integration with EJB application

Dear forum members,

I work for a company where we have 3 applications that we need integrated. One is an EJB 2.x based application. The other is a Spring 2.x application. The third is a pure java RMI server. We'd like to take the pure Java RMI server that is currently being called by a client related to the EJB 2.x application and convert to a Spring Bean architecture. However, we aren't completely sure how to architect this.

The pure java RMI server cannot be clustered easily, and our company has all our software running on JBoss. So for us clustering means running it in JBoss.
    It is fairly easy to take the RMI server and convert it to a Spring Bean and call the engine from the EJB 2.x client by having them request the bean using one of the Spring factory methods. The question I have is that we want this server that is currently implemented in RMI to run on a different box potentially, so I just want to request a proxy to the bean, and the code that gets executed really running on that other server in a diffferent container.

We understand how this works in EJB, but not sure about Spring. I also fear descriptors complexity if we mix EJB and Spring technology. Can someone provide me with a pointer to a good example of some thing like this?

Thanks in advance. - Jesse jdriver@yahoo.com
Working...
X