X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autowiring error with EJB 3.0

I am trying to use the Autowiring Interceptor for EJB 3...
    Code:
    atStateless
    atInterceptors(SpringBeanAutowiringInterceptor.class)
    public class MyBean implements MyBeanLocal, MyBeanRemote
    {

atAutowired
      private MyDao _myDao;

}
    At root or ear file is "beanRefContext.xml"

Code:
    <bean id="myContext" class="org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlAp licationContext">
    <constructor-arg value="myContext.xml"/>
    </bean>
    Also at root of ear file is myContext.xml with a single bean definition:

Code:
    <bean id="myDao" class="com.foo.MyDao"/>
    When I run my app I get the following:

Code:
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.access.BootstrapException: Unable to return specified BeanFactory instance: factory key [null], from group with resource name [classpath*:beanRefContext.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No unique bean of type [org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory] is defined: expected single bean but found 0
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.access.SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.useBeanFactory(SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.java:410)
    	at org.springframework.ejb.interceptor.SpringBeanAutowiringInterceptor.getBeanFactoryReference(SpringBeanAutowiringInterceptor.java:139)
    	at org.springframework.ejb.interceptor.SpringBeanAutowiringInterceptor.getBeanFactory(SpringBeanAutowiringInterceptor.java:120)
    	at org.springframework.ejb.interceptor.SpringBeanAutowiringInterceptor.autowireBean(SpringBeanAutowiringInterceptor.java:100)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    	at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.LifecycleInvocationContextImpl.proceed(LifecycleInvocationContextImpl.java:131)
    	at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.LifecycleInterceptorHandler.postConstruct(LifecycleInterceptorHandler.java:109)
    	... 71 more
    Am I missing something here? Are my config files in the correct location? I am using JBoss 4.2.2/JDK 5.0

Thanks

The file cannot be found, create a directory called APP-INF/classes and put your xml files in there. Those will be automatically added to the classpath.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My ear structure now looks like this:

Code:
      work.ear
        - APP-INF
          - classes
            - beanRefContext.xml
            - myContext.xml
        - META-INF
          - application.xml
          - persistence.xml
        - workejb.jar
        - workweb.war
      I get the same error as before.

The ejb class with the autowiring is in the workejb.jar along with the required spring jars.

Thanks

Comment

Make sure that the spring jars are also in the ear and not duplicated somewhere. Also your configuration looks weird/off I assume your myContext.xml needs access to the remainder of the beans in persistence etc (it is a dao you showed.).

Can you post your whole stacktrace?

This blog might be usefull for you. Especially the discussion in the comments about classloaders and visibility.

Comment

Ok my ear structure now looks like this - It used to have the spring jars in the workejb.jar and workweb.war but now they reside at the root of the ear:

Code:
          work.ear
            - spring jars
            - META-INF
              - application.xml
              - persistence.xml
            - workejb.jar
              - beanRefContext.xml
              - myContext.xml
            - workweb.war
          I moved the beanRefContext/myContext files to the root of the workejb.jar instead of /APP-INF/classes and it now appears to be happy. I am getting an error about my dao config but thats another issue!

Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Marten Deinum View Post
            The file cannot be found, create a directory called APP-INF/classes and put your xml files in there. Those will be automatically added to the classpath.
            APP-INF is known to WebLogic only

Comment

You're right. Messed around with weblogic to long I guess .

Main issue to solve is that you should have a jar only once on the classpath else you will run into issues.

Comment

Working...
              X