Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring in RAD7 with WebSphere 6.1 fails to find AbstractStatelessSessionBean Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring in RAD7 with WebSphere 6.1 fails to find AbstractStatelessSessionBean

Hi!

Has anyone got Spring to work in such an environment?
    I have problem to get RAD to find the AbstractStatelessSessionBean.
    I have put the spring.jar in the classpath of the EAR project.
    I get this result when i try to start the application:

Code:
    [2008-04-22 17:33:14:564 CEST] 0000002a EJBContainerI E   WSVR0068E: Attempt to start EnterpriseBean NyAServices#NyAServicesEJB.jar#CatalogueController failed with exception: com.ibm.ejs.container.ContainerException: Failed to initialize BeanMetaData instance; nested exception is: 
    	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Error while defining class: se.vhs.nya.services.catalogue.server.common.facade.CatalogueControllerBean
    This error indicates that the class: Error while defining class: se.vhs.nya.framework.server.common.facade.NyASpringBaseFacade
    This error indicates that the class: org.springframework.ejb.support.AbstractStatelessSessionBean
    could not be located while defining the class: se.vhs.nya.framework.server.common.facade.NyASpringBaseFacade
    This is often caused by having the class at a higher point in the classloader hierarchy
    Dumping the current context classloader hierarchy:
        ==> indicates defining classloader
        *** indicates classloader where the missing class could have been found
       [0] com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader@60a260a2
       [1] [email protected]f8a
       [2] sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@2bce2bce
       [3] sun.misc.Launcher$ExtClassLoader@9600960
    ---Original exception---
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.springframework.ejb.support.AbstractStatelessSessionBean
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:222)
    	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:148)
    	at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader._defineClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:526)
    	at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.findClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:477)
    	at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:373)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:561)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:222)
    	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:148)
    	at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader._defineClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:526)
    	at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.findClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:477)
    	at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:373)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:561)
    	at com.ibm.ejs.container.BeanMetaData.<init>(BeanMetaData.java:1346)
    	at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.EJBContainerImpl.createBeanMetaData(EJBContainerImpl.java:1956)
    	at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.EJBContainerImpl.createDeferredBeanMetaData(EJBContainerImpl.java:4600)
    	at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.EJBContainerImpl.access$000(EJBContainerImpl.java:435)
    	at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.EJBContainerImpl$3.run(EJBContainerImpl.java:4399)
    	at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:118)
    	at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.EJBContainerImpl.initializeDeferredEJB(EJBContainerImpl.java:4396)
    	at com.ibm.ejs.container.HomeOfHomes.getHome(HomeOfHomes.java:345)
    I have allready tried the "undeploy redeploy" workaround for the similar problem in the forum. And I have allso tried to downgrade to spring 2.5.2 and rebuilt, republished and so on.. but to no avail.

Any ideas what might be the problem?

Spring in RAD7 with WebSphere 6.1 fails to find AbstractStatelessSessionBean

I would check how your spring jar is packaged in your application regarding to a class path loader order. Is your spring jar defined in a manifest of your ejb module? Or do you put your spring jar in the war module?

I am using Spring with WS 6.1 and I have not experienced with spring and a class loader at all. An example exploded ear file for me will look like this:

\META-INF\application.xml
    myEJB.jar
    spring.jar
    comms-lang.jar
    log4j-1.2.14.jar

In myEJB.jar, the manifest.mf will look like this
    Manifest-Version: 1.0
    Class-Path: spring.jar
    commons-lang.jar
    log4j-1.2.14.jar

The manifest.mf is very "sensitive" to changes in WS 6.x so I would modify it using WS jar dependency editor.

HTH

Vu

Comment

can't spring jar

I got a very similar problem. Here is my situation:
      - RAD7 with WAS6.1
      - Three projects:
      1) a EJB project with a session bean with spring (MyEJBwithSring)
      Class-Path: spring.jar
      commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
      2) auto-generated EAR project (MyEJBwithSringEAR)
      3) a j2ee application client (MyEJBwithSringApplicationClient) containg a test class myServiceTest with main()
      Class-Path: MyEJBwithSring.jar
      spring.jar
      commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
      Main-Class: myServiceTest
      - EAR is packaged with the EJB and the Application Client
      - WAS Sever v6.1 was started
      - MyEJBwithSringApplicationClient was Run As was V6.1 Application Client

If Run without pull in spring.jar in the classpath of the luncher, got exception:
      Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext

If Run with spirng.jar in the classpath of the luncher, got a different exception:
      This error indicates that the class: org.springframework.ejb.support.AbstractStatelessS essionBean could not be located while defining the class: xxxxxx
      This is often caused by having the class at a higher point in the classloader hierarchy

Here is the complete console output for former:
      IBM WebSphere Application Server, Release 6.1
      WSCL0013I: Initializing the J2EE Application Client Environment.
      [5/23/08 16:38:35:191 EDT] 0000000a W UOW=null source=com.ibm.ws.ssl.config.SSLConfig org=IBM prod=WebSphere component=Application Server thread=[P=114551:O=0:CT]
      CWPKI0041W: One or more key stores are using the default password.
      WSCL0025I: Binding EJB reference object:
      JNDI name: ejb/myService ==> ejb/MyServiceHome @ iiop://localhost:2810/
      Description:
      WSCL0031I: The object was bound successfully.

WSCL0600I: Binding HandleDelegate object.
      WSCL0031I: The object was bound successfully.
      .................................................. .........
      WSCL0035I: Initialization of the J2EE Application Client Environment has completed.
      WSCL0014I: Invoking the Application Client class MyServiceTest
      Client ready to invoke EJB!
      WSCL0100E: Exception received: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
      at com.ibm.wsspi.bootstrap.WSPreLauncher.main(WSPreLa uncher.java:89)
      Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext
      at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verifyImpl(Native Method)
      at myServiceTest.invokeEJBbySpring(ActionServiceTest. java:22)
      at MyServiceTest.main(MyServiceTest.java:16)
      ... 27 more

Here is the complete console output for later:

************ Start Display Current Environment ************
      WebSphere Platform 6.1 [BASE 6.1.0.9 cf90722.41] [WEBSERVICES 6.1.0.9 x0723.22]
      Host Operating System is Windows XP, version 5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2
      Java version = J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32 j9vmwi3223-20070426 (JIT enabled)
      J9VM - 20070420_12448_lHdSMR
      JIT - 20070419_1806_r8
      GC - 200704_19, Java Compiler = j9jit23, Java VM name = IBM J9 VM
      was.install.root = C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61
      user.install.root = C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\AppSrv01
      Java Home = C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61\java\jre
      ws.ext.dirs = C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61/java/lib;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\AppSrv01/classes;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61/classes;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61/lib;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61/installedChannels;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61/lib/ext;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61/web/help;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61/deploytool/itp/plugins/com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy/runtime
      Classpath = C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\AppSrv01/properties;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61/properties;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61/lib/startup.jar;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61/lib/bootstrap.jar;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61/lib/j2ee.jar;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61/lib/lmproxy.jar;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61/lib/urlprotocols.jar;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61/deploytool/itp/batchboot.jar;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61/deploytool/itp/batch2.jar;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61/java/lib/tools.jar
      Java Library path = C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61\java\jre\bin;.;C:\RAD7\r untimes\base_v61\bin;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61\jav a\bin;C:\RAD7\runtimes\base_v61\java\jre\bin;C:\Se rena\Dimensions 10.1\CM\prog;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin;C:\oracle\ora92\bin;C:\ Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\ WINDOWS;C:\Serena\CHANGE~1\DIMENS~1\9.1\PROG;;C:\W INDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\system32\nls;C:\WI NDOWS\system32\nls\ENGLISH;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\ BIN;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\FUNCTION;C:\mq53\bin;C: \mq53\tools\c\samples\bin;C:\apache-ant-1.7.0\bin;C:\Program Files\Putty
      ************* End Display Current Environment *************
      [5/23/08 16:04:17:765 EDT] 0000000a ManagerAdmin I TRAS0017I: The startup trace state is *=info.
      [5/23/08 16:04:26:859 EDT] 0000000a WsServerImpl A WSVR0001I: Server server1 open for e-business
      .................................................. .................................................. ........
      [5/23/08 16:04:40:765 EDT] 00000011 ApplicationMg A WSVR0200I: Starting application: MyEJBwithSringEAR
      [5/23/08 16:04:40:765 EDT] 00000011 ApplicationMg A WSVR0204I: Application: MyEJBwithSringEAR Application build level: Unknown
      [5/23/08 16:04:40:828 EDT] 00000011 EJBContainerI I WSVR0037I: Starting EJB jar: MyEJBwithSring.jar
      [5/23/08 16:04:40:937 EDT] 00000011 EJBContainerI I WSVR0057I: EJB jar started: MyEJBwithSring.jar
      [5/23/08 16:04:40:953 EDT] 00000011 ApplicationMg A WSVR0221I: Application started: MyEJBwithSringEAR
      [5/23/08 16:34:52:727 EDT] 0000001d EJBContainerI E WSVR0068E: Attempt to start EnterpriseBean MyEJBwithSringEAR#MyEJBwithSring.jar#MyService failed with exception: com.ibm.ejs.container.ContainerException: Failed to initialize BeanMetaData instance; nested exception is:
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Error while defining class: MyServiceBean
      This error indicates that the class: org.springframework.ejb.support.AbstractStatelessS essionBean could not be located while defining the class: XXXX
      Dumping the current context classloader hierarchy:
      ==> indicates defining classloader
      *** indicates classloader where the missing class could have been found
      [0] com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader@62886288
      [1] org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClass Loader@73807380
      [2] sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@5dd85dd8
      [3] sun.misc.Launcher$ExtClassLoader@7e6c7e6c
      ---Original exception---
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.springframework.ejb.support.AbstractStatelessS essionBean
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java :228)
      .................................................. ...............
      at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.j ava:1469)

Thanks in advance!

Comment

problem solved

Thank you vksoft,
        I met the same problem, but get solved by checking the manifest.mf .
        Add spring.jar into classpath will solve the problem.

Comment

Also if you right-click on your main EAR project and go to J2EE dependencies, do you have your spring.jar in there as well? For me that was a key part of getting it to find it in addition to having it in the manifest and in the sub-project's classpath file.

Comment

Working...
          X