Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tx:jta-transaction-manager and JBoss 4.2.2 MDB

Hi all,
    I'm using an MDB to process messages across a JBoss clsuter. I'm using Spring to wire my business logic and DAO code to my MDB. The spring 2.5 <tx:jta-transaction-manager/> tag worked great in JBoss 4.0.5. Now that I've upgraded to 4.2.2, it no longer works. I've stepped through the code, and the JTATransactionManager class can't find any of the default transaction managers. I've found this post on the JBoss wiki, but its no help.

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/JBossTransactionsWithSpring

When I view the JNDI, I have a transaction manager at the JNDI location

java:/TransactionManager (class: com.arjuna.ats.jbossatx.jta.TransactionManagerDele gate)

which should work according to the Javadoc, and it looks for it in the code. I'm getting the following exception.

Code:
    org.springframework.jndi.TypeMismatchNamingException: Object of type [class com.arjuna.ats.jbossatx.jta.TransactionManagerDelegate] available at JNDI location [java:/TransactionManager] is not assignable to [javax.transaction.TransactionManager]
    If its not an instance of javax.transaction.TransactionManager, which transactionmanager should I be using? I'm using spring version 2.5.3. Oh just an FYI, the JBoss 4 doc says that the transactionmanager at java:/Transactionmanager should be an instance of javax.transaction.Transactionmanager.

http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4...t.html#d0e9950

Obviously that's not the case....

Thanks,
    Todd
    Last edited by tnine; Apr 17th, 2008, 11:59 PM.

I would expect a classloading issue. Make sure that there is only 1 jta.jar in your classpath. Actually it should even not be available in your (web) app as it comes provided by JBoss.

Comment

Working...
    X