• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cygnifi
    started a topic # of beans in use is limited to 2

# of beans in use is limited to 2

Hi all,

I use WebLogic Server 8.1.x/Java 1.4.x/Spring 2.x. I also use Spring AbstractStatelessSessionBean to implement stateless session beans. I set max-beans-in-free-pool to 100, and set initial-beans-in-free-pool to 5. When deployed to WLS, as expected, the console shows there are 5 beans in the free pool. I send 3 concurrent requests. Each request runs for several minutes. Somehow WLS console shows only 2 beans are in use, 3 are free. This indicates that one request is blocked even though there are beans available in the free pool. Did anyone have this problem? What might be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

• wpoitras
    replied
    There isn't anything about AbstractStatelessSessionBean that would cause it by itself. Perhaps there are is a concurrency issue with one of your beans. By default AbstractStatelessSessionBean uses a seperate ApplicationContext for each bean, so unless you switched to a SingletonBeanFactoryLocator to only have one set of beans.

Are you able to perform a thread dump or use jconsole to get a look at the available running threads to see where the bean is hung up? This should reveal a lot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X