Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended EntityManager / JpaTemplate

Hi,
    I am using an Application Managed Entity Manager. I move to JpaTemplate because I want to use Spring.

I configure my bean to have a JpaTemplate injected. However, I noticed this is not have an extended persistence context. Application Manager EntityManagers have extended Persistence Contexts by default in JPA but not in Spring?

How do I configure Spring so that the jpaTemplate has an extended Persistence Context?
    Thanks

Originally posted by beginner2 View Post
    Hi,
    I am using an Application Managed Entity Manager. I move to JpaTemplate because I want to use Spring.

I configure my bean to have a JpaTemplate injected. However, I noticed this is not have an extended persistence context. Application Manager EntityManagers have extended Persistence Contexts by default in JPA but not in Spring?

How do I configure Spring so that the jpaTemplate has an extended Persistence Context?
    Thanks
    I don't this is possible. The JpaTemplate using it's own EntityManager which has a transaction scope not extended scrop.

However it is possible to use Spring to inject an EntityManager Factory to your bean. Once you have a handle to that you can
    do

EntityManager em = entityManagerFactory.createEntityManager();

This em will have extended persistence context.

Comment

Extended JPA with JpaTemplate

Hello,

The EntityManager used by JpaTemplate is transactional, isn't it? That is: two different objectes (e.g., Dao objects) that invoke JPA operations through a JpaTemplate within the same transaction will use the same EntityManager. However, when the transaction gets finished, any other invocation of a JpaTemplate operation by any object will get a different EntityManager.

If so, is there any natural way to get extended EntityManagers with JpaTemplate?

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
      X