Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to use Jboss EJB's without running in JBoss Context.

Here is what I really need to do.
    Current web services use Apache Axis (on tomcat) to call EJB ( on Jboss). I need to expose the EJB business functions to web service to support SOA and also batch processing. ( The business logic will be centralised in EJB on JBoss - cant change that).

I am new to spring but from what I have come to know its might be the framework I am looking for to achieve this. What would be a good way to access the EJB functionality in JBoss from spring. (Without making absolutely any changes to EJB as the books and references suggest)

If your question is about accessing deployed EJBs, then have a look at the reference manual.

Regards,
    Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by Ranie
      What is Jboss ???
      But you know Google, do you?

http://www.jboss.org/

Comment

Thanks Andreas,
        I have the following options.
        1. Make a JNDI call to EJB. ( Local or remote based on deployment).
        2. Make a proxy EJb and let spring make a JNDI call.

The real question is since Is there a way to call specific business method inside EJB's without really making a JNDI call, if I do not need any transaction or security but just try to use EJB as pojo. (Since I am planning to deploy spring in the same JBoss this should be possible right ?)

Ajay

Comment

Originally posted by anahad View Post
          The real question is since Is there a way to call specific business method inside EJB's without really making a JNDI call, if I do not need any transaction or security but just try to use EJB as pojo.
          Theoretically, you could instantiate the EJB implementation yourself and use it as "normal" bean, without having any container services available. If you, however, wish to use a depolyed bean, you have to resort to JNDI as EJB does not provide another option.

(Since I am planning to deploy spring in the same JBoss this should be possible right ?)
          What do you mean with "deploying spring in the same JBoss"? Spring itself is no managed component. It can be part of a deployment, though. But as I understand you do not want or are not allowed to modify the EJBs, so what are you planning to do?

Regards,
          Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas Senft View Post
            Theoretically, you could instantiate the EJB implementation yourself and use it as "normal" bean, without having any container services available. If you, however, wish to use a depolyed bean, you have to resort to JNDI as EJB does not provide another option.
            Thanks thats exactly what I needed to know. ( dont ask me why - in a big corp. you end up getting pushed by so many factors some not very technical). So if I put my ear ( containing web services - spring and dependent beans ) in deploy folder in jboss(4.x which has tomcat) which have access to EJB as pojos it should work normally. I just wanted to have second opinion of that since its a weired thing to do that there are no known issues about it.

Originally posted by Andreas Senft View Post
            What do you mean with "deploying spring in the same JBoss"? Spring itself is no managed component. It can be part of a deployment, though. But as I understand you do not want or are not allowed to modify the EJBs, so what are you planning to do?
            you are right it is a part of deployment I have no confusion there, actually that part I already have going.
            Last edited by anahad; Jul 4th, 2007, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Regards,
              Andreas
              Sorry about that I forgot to removed it in my previous post. But thanks for your help

Comment

No problem (by the way, you can edit your own posts).

Glad I could help you

Comment

Working...
                X