• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting FileNotFoundException for context file

Hi,

Stacktrace:
    Code:
    Caused by: javax.ejb.EJBException: Error in ejbCreate:: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException parsing XML document from class path resource [beanRefContext.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [beanRefContext.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [beanRefContext.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist
    Here is my ejb-jar.xml entries
    Code:
    		    <env-entry>
    				<env-entry-name>ejb/BeanFactoryPath</env-entry-name>
    				<env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
    				<env-entry-value>beanRefContext.xml</env-entry-value>
    			</env-entry>
    beanRefContext.xml is present my EJBModule.jar when i do a build. While one applicationContext.xml is in WEB-INF folder.

I understand that beanRefContext.xml is not in Classpath so it is giving FileNotFoundException. So what are the ways to resolve this issue.

thanks
    Chintan

Hi,

I was able to solve problem by giving full path for env-entry value. here is change i made,
    Code:
    <env-entry>
    				<env-entry-name>ejb/BeanFactoryPath</env-entry-name>
    				<env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
    				<env-entry-value>file:/F:/eclipse/workspace/LIKETest/business/conf/beanRefContext.xml</env-entry-value>
    			</env-entry>
    If i am giving full path then it works. But i dont want to give full path as it creates hard-coding.

How can i put this entry into classpath so that i need not do hardcoding?

Regards
    Chintan

Comment

As you file is included in the Project . You may use "classpath:[Folder]filename" instead of hard coding it with the real path.

Regards
      Kalyan

Comment

Package the file in a JAR along with any other Spring application context you decide to use and add this jar to your App Lib directory along with your other JARS

Comment

Hardcoding the complete path in ejb-jar.xml is not right. I would suggest place the "beanRefContext.xml" in root of the ejb jar file. And the other xml files (eg: ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml etc) in the meta-inf directory.

That way, the FileNotFoundException should get resolved.

Comment

Working...
          X