X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's an alternative of Message Driven Beans

I will be using JMS in our application. Is there any alternative to use instead of MDBs? Entire architecture of the app will be Spring based so just for MDBs I don't want to introduce EJBs. Any other alternative?

I would use the classes from org.springframework.jms package

Comment

And with 2.0RC1 also asynchronous consumers are supposed to be supported out of the box. I think that would be a good replacement for MDBs.

Regards,
      Andreas

Comment

Hello,

probably you could use another JMS Implementation, e.g. ActiveMQ (activemq.codehaus.org). In his book "Pro Spring" Rob Harrob describes how to send and receive messages based on ActiveMQ and the Spring 1.2 JMS support. And I think there should be some resources on the web showing how to use this combination. Probably a google search for "spring activemq" will help.

Regards
        Stefan

Comment

Try this: http://www.jroller.com/page/habuma/20050722.

Stefan

Comment

Spring replacement / integration for MDB

Could you please tell me what is the replacement for MDB in spring? Else please let me know how to integrate EJB module with Spring application.

Originally posted by javaxmlsoapdev View Post
            I will be using JMS in our application. Is there any alternative to use instead of MDBs? Entire architecture of the app will be Spring based so just for MDBs I don't want to introduce EJBs. Any other alternative?

Comment

Working...
            X