Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbies question: How to go from Java to J2EE + spring.

Hello springers

I really didnt know where to post this but this is the sub-forum that is closest to pure J2EE I guess this is as good a place as any.

I am currently a student and I know Java pretty well, I am really interested in J2EE but my university refuses to teach it because. I think its a little bit above most students because 90% of the people studying IT are doing it for the money and therefore not really passionate about it.

I just recieved Expert one on one J2EE development before I even knew about spring but it requires some basic J2EE knowledge already.
    I was going to start out reading the J2EE tutorial at sun but apparently that teaches some really bad practices (Pet Store anyone?)

I would be really interested in everyones opinion on what is the best path to learning spring?

the best path to learning spring?
    I'd suggest:
    Read Rod's books. Look at the samples. Write some standalone apps. and then some web apps. There's no substitue for trying something out yourself.

If you want to look at Spring's internals, try Eclipse and debug mode. Also look at the JUnit tests.

Re: Learning J2EE
    You can really avoid many topics if you're careful. Look at Rod's books for direction. I'd learn servlets and parts of JSPs (e.g. JSTL). Beyond that I'd learn things as you find you need them.

Comment

Well that's a blocking question for me. I don't get along with java that well, it makes me feel powerless always bringing new features. I am here to learn from you guys and I quite enjooy reding your posts. Thanks all!

Comment

hi Joe!

yes you're right it is so discussable! JWMS seems nice & powerful !

but MVC is an admitted architecture and JWMS should prove its preference!

Time will show us!

Comment

Working...
        X