Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring SLSB with WebLogic Problem?

Hello Guys!

I am not able to deploy my application in WebLogic 8.1 my EJB's are extending the AbstractStatelessSessionBean provided by Spring when i try
    to deploy my EAR on Weblogic 8.1 with Jdk1.4.2 i get the exception

Code:
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/ejb/support/AbstractStatelessSessionBean
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)
    	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
    	at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findLocalClass(GenericClassLoader.java:480)
    	at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoader.java:182)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
    	at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.loadClass(GenericClassLoader.java:224)
    	at weblogic.ejb20.deployer.EJBModule.setupEJBToImplClassDependencies(EJBModule.java:1030)
    	at weblogic.ejb20.deployer.EJBModule.prepare(EJBModule.java:481)
    	at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.prepareModule(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:3142)
    	at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.prepareModules(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:1583)
    	at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.prepare(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:1227)
    	at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.prepare(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:1070)
    	at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ComponentActivateTask.prepareContainer(SlaveDeployer.java:2513)
    	at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.createContainer(SlaveDeployer.java:2463)
    	at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.prepare(SlaveDeployer.java:2379)
    	at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.processPrepareTask(SlaveDeployer.java:866)
    	at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareDelta(SlaveDeployer.java:594)
    	at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareUpdate(SlaveDeployer.java:508)
    	at weblogic.drs.internal.SlaveCallbackHandler$1.execute(SlaveCallbackHandler.java:25)
    	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:219)
    	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)
    --------------- nested within: ------------------
    weblogic.management.ManagementException:  - with nested exception:
    [java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/ejb/support/AbstractStatelessSessionBean]
    	at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.prepare(SlaveDeployer.java:2396)
    	at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.processPrepareTask(SlaveDeployer.java:866)
    	at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareDelta(SlaveDeployer.java:594)
    	at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareUpdate(SlaveDeployer.java:508)
    	at weblogic.drs.internal.SlaveCallbackHandler$1.execute(SlaveCallbackHandler.java:25)
    	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:219)
    	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)
    But the same EAR is working in JBOSS 4.0.3. I have specified the spring.jar
    in my EAR's Manifest file. But still getting this exception.

Need Help on this!

Thanking You
    Raghav
    http://forum.springframework.org/ima...ons/icon12.gif

The EAR's manifest does not help. You have to specify the spring.jar in the Class-Path entry of the according ejb-jar files inside the EAR.

Can you post the directory structure of your EAR and relevant manifest files?

Regards,
    Andreas

Comment

I have found JBoss adds things to the classpath more readily than Weblogic. As Andreas mentioned, using Class-Path for the EJB jar solved any problems I had.

Comment

Thanx

Thanks Andreas and Bill,

I actually had the 'spring.jar' entry in my EJB-Jars Manifest but
        still it was throwing this exception, well i scraped this Manifest and created
        it from scratch and it worked. Well do u guys use some tool to create your
        manifest coz manually editing them and adding the jars usually give unexpected exception like this. Thanx for the Help!

Cheers,
        Raghav

Comment

You can use Ant's jar task for generating the Class-Path entry. It will also consider line break rules and the like.

Regards,
          Andreas

Comment

Working...
          X