Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring 3 MVC + EJB 3 + Jboss 5 = @EJB injection problems

Hello,
    I've tried many solutions so far and I did not succeeded, so I decided to ask you for help because I'm loosing my faith I can do this.
    What I have:
    - 3 EAR's with: 1) Some Stateless Beans + code which uses those beans 2) Some piece of classes using the same Beans as "1" but attached to this EAR 3) Spring 3 MVC based application + same Beans attached to this project
    All three EAR's are deployed to Jboss 5.1.0.GA.

It's great that "2" EAR classes can inject Stateless beans with just "@EJB" annotation.

And now the problem. I would like to use the same beans at "3"'rd EAR - Spring MVC based" - and I would like to inject them as usual using "@EJB" annotation. I'm still failing with error:

Code:
    org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'myFormController': Injection of resource dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'dbController' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/spring/appServlet/servlet-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ejb not bound
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:927)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:811)
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:796)
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
    	org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)
    	org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
    	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

root cause

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'myFormController': Injection of resource dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'dbController' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/spring/appServlet/servlet-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ejb not bound
    	org.springframework.context.annotation.CommonAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessPropertyValues(CommonAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:306)
    	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1120)
    	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:522)
    	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:461)
    	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:295)
    	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:223)
    	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:292)
    	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:194)
    	org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:1117)
    	org.springframework.web.method.HandlerMethod.createWithResolvedBean(HandlerMethod.java:202)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.AbstractHandlerMethodMapping.getHandlerInternal(AbstractHandlerMethodMapping.java:223)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.AbstractHandlerMethodMapping.getHandlerInternal(AbstractHandlerMethodMapping.java:55)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.AbstractHandlerMapping.getHandler(AbstractHandlerMapping.java:297)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.getHandler(DispatcherServlet.java:1091)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.getHandler(DispatcherServlet.java:1076)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:896)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:856)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:915)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:811)
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:796)
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
    	org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)
    	org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
    	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

root cause
    I'm using
    Code:
    context:component-scan base-package="..."
    I've tried
    Code:
    <bean id="jndiFactory" class="org.springframework.jndi.support.SimpleJndiBeanFactory">
    		<property name="resourceRef" value="true" />
    	</bean>
    and
    Code:
    	<bean class="org.springframework.context.annotation.CommonAnnotationBeanPostProcessor">
    		<property name="alwaysUseJndiLookup" value="true" />
    		<property name="jndiFactory" ref="jndiFactory" />
    	</bean>
    as well as "AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor"

and
    Code:
    	<bean class="org.springframework.context.annotation.CommonAnnotationBeanPostProcessor">
        <property name="alwaysUseJndiLookup" value="true" />
    	</bean>

<bean id="dbController" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
    		<property name="jndiName" value="ejb/dbControllerBean" />
    		<property name="resourceRef" value="true" />
    	</bean>
    with different jndiNames, like: "java:comp/env/<beanName>", or "java:module/<beanname>/local", or "java:global/<beanname>"....

(still not sure what should be the correct name here, "2" EAR classes uses those beans just with name like "dbControllerBean" and that's all)

and few other solutions I found over then net. Still the same exception.

please help me, give me a hint... what I'm doing wrong? How it should be done in the best way?
    Last edited by Garakk; Jan 31st, 2013, 02:01 AM.
Working...
X