X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EJB Create failure

Our application invokes an external EJB (possibly running on another VM) to fulfill some business services. This has been successfully unit tested. The unit tests run within Eclipse 3.0 and reference EJBs hosted in a WebLogic (8.1 SP2) container. Everything's peachy here.

The trouble arises when I deploy our application -- also to WebLogic. While the remote reference gets created, the bean creation fails with an error
    Code:
    org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Cannot create EJB proxy: EJB home [ClusterableRemoteRef(-574488473610431496S:10.6.11.188:[7001,7001,-1,-1,7001,-1,-1,0,0]:mydomain:myserver [-574488473610431496S:10.6.11.188:[7001,7001,-1,-1,7001,-1,-1,0,0]:mydomain:myserver/298])/298] has no no-arg create() method
    Pre-empting the question, let me answer by saying, yes, it has a no-arg create() method.

Can someone provide any hints on how to debug this scenario? FWIW, I have tested (a) with both my application and the external third-party EJB in the same WebLogic container and (b) My application and third party EJB in different containers. No difference, i.e. same problem

Can you help?

Sri

Is the reference to the remote EJB marked as lazy-init? If not, maybe you should give that a try.
    I recall reading something that preinstantiating may cause problems in such cases. I am not sure if it was about this kind of problem, but possibly it might help marking that remote bean as lazy-init.

Regards,
    Andreas

Comment

Working...
    X