Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EJB Container

Hi,

I am new to Spring Framework. I like to know if Spring provides a default EJB Container.

Do you I need an Application Server to implement the following architecture

spring(MVC) + EJB(Stateless bean which extends AbstractStatelessSessionBean) Spring + hibernate.

Can I deploy the above application in tomcat or other webserver. Can Spring container take care of the EJB's?

Thanks in Advance,
    Sen

No, Spring does not provide an EJB container. Spring just provides some convenience functionality to implement or access EJBs.

In order to use Spring MVC you do not need an application server. If you need to deploy EJBs, then however, an application server is required.

Just be aware, that for many use cases EJBs add no value to an application. So you might be better off without them. Spring also brings remoting capabilities and allows you to work with plain Java objects without the overhead of an EJB container.

Regards,
    Andreas

Comment

> No, Spring does not provide an EJB container. Spring just provides some convenience functionality to implement or access EJBs. <

Hi Andreas, If Spring provides functionality to implement EJBs which container manages these EJBs. Is it the Spring container ?

thanks,
      Parag

Comment

Working...
      X