X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help converting SFSB (CMT) to Spring Transactions

We have a lot of work to do to convert our application to Spring.

First thing I have to do (not by choice) is to take over transaction management in one of our CMT stateful session beans.

The business logic and everything is all locked inside the bean Later, I'll get to breaking the business logic out and probably get rid of EJB all together.

We are using XDoclet to generate deployment descriptors. I wanna go with declarative transactions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm reading "expert one-on-one J2EE Development without EJB" and I have "Spring In Action" on the way along with some other stuff.
    Last edited by jweder; Oct 28th, 2005, 09:36 AM.

BTW: The stateful session bean currently has a base class so making it extend AbstractStatefulSessionBean gives me pause.

I guess I could make AbstractStatefulSessionBean the base class of my base class. But then I would be affecting all the session beans. Might be ok. But I'm still not sure how to procede.

How do I deploy the session bean in question to the appserver? Do I deploy it as BMT and use spring for transactions?

In my reading I found out about Spring's ability to generate dynamic transaction proxies via AOP... this sounds like a perfect fit. But I can't yet figure out how to get the EJB container to instantiate the proxy class?

Anyone... Bueller... anyone?
    Last edited by jweder; Oct 30th, 2005, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X