Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
sharing the same domain object instances across multiple systems? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharing the same domain object instances across multiple systems?

I am in an design quandary.

I am designing two systems, one manages user identity and associated profile information. The other system is an ecommerce ordering system.

Each of the 2 systems utilize a different RDBMS and communicate with each other via spring jaxrpc. For example, the ecommerce ordering system will call to the identify system to perform identify verification and authorization.

My problem involves the common everyday "Address", the user identity server manages addresses of a user as part of the profile information.

The ecommerce ordering system would like to also like to use these addresses to associate them to ship-to's and bill-to's for a particular order that a customer places.

Adding a ship-to or bill-to address in the ecommerce site should add the address to the user system. Adding an address to the user in the user system should make it available as a bill-to or ship-to in the ordering system.

Because the systems run on different RDBMS (one could be mysql, the other oracle) does anyone have any idea how I could share these address object instances in both systems?
    As I write this, I am thinking that I should maintain them in both systems and keep them in sync.

I would appreciate your thoughts on how to put together a clean solution for this.

Thanks!

Wouldn`t it be better to use some key (a long for example) to identify users? An address can change, a key can`t.

[edit]
    And an address doesn`t have to be unique.
    Last edited by Alarmnummer; Oct 24th, 2005, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X