X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring 3 in distributed environment

We have to use Spring 3 in distributed environment. We have following two applications
    1. Application 1 - Spring MVC based application to support GUI
    2. Application 2 - A complex transaction application(based on Spring 3 core) which provides web services, scheduling mechanism and connection with JCAPS.

If Application 1 and Application 2 deployed as two separate applications the how do we call Application 2 from Application 1? And how do we do session management?

We are using WAS 7.

To get around some of the problems you might consider deploying the the two applications as two WARs inside one EAR. The common code can be factored out in separate JARs, so you don't have to do remote calls.
    If that is not an option you are left with remote calls. The crucial point is, if application 1 needs to invoke application 2 more than once in what should appear to the user as one transaction.
    If that is not the case, you can use whatever you like for remote calls, e.g. web services or Spring remoting. The session state can be dealt with in application 1 and transactions handling is left to application 2.
    If you need to invoke application 2 from application 1 multiple times inside one transaction, then you have to handle distributed transactions. To the best of my knowledge there are two viable options: EJBs with remote interfaces or web services supporting WS-Transactions.

HTH

Comment

I am going in the direction that application 1 will connect with application 2 through EJBs. Session Management can be done by using SFSB?
      Is it a right way to do that?

Another question I do have, does normally entprises develope web tier and app tier seperately. What is the experience of Sr. Spring team members.

Comment

Working...
      X