X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J2ME + Spring framework

Is it possible to develop a Mobile (J2ME) application with Spring framework?

NAFAIK. It may depend on what parts you use, but the release notes specify a minimum of J2SE 1.3 and J2EE 1.3.

Comment

Hello,
      Thank you for your reply.

Our application is database oriented web application. And the target environment can be a PC, palmtop, mobile ..etc.

Can I use the Spring framework and J2ME for my application?

Comment

Hello,

A Web Application can deployed to normal Web container(s) across your Web /App server Farm and handheld device can send request(s) , there would be a browser key on handheld device, which when clicked will launch a browser and this browser will make a request to index page deployed on web server etc .

and Response(s) are received from the web server /app server(s) etc

why do you need a j2me here if its a normal web application ? Can you explain bit further.

Regards
        Abhijeet

Comment

I seriously doubt most of the Springframework would be compatible as the core microcontainer heavily relies upon reflection and reflection, at least in MIDP is forbidden.

Comment

You can now...

Go to springframework.me

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

There is an open-sourced solution that allows core functionality of Spring IoC to be used in J2ME applications: sourceforge.net/projects/signal

Comment

Working...
                X