Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing versions of Spring jars in my app

Hi,

I would like to move to Spring 3.0 however my application is using JSR 168 and i have found that Spring-webmvc-portlet 3.0 has a dependency on JSR 268

- Spring-webmvc-portlet 3.0's DispatcherPortlet class has a dependency on a class (javax.portlet.MimeResponse) which is only in JSR 268

Im not in a position to move my app to JSR 268 right now and want to know if i can get away with using the latest versions of spring beans/context/web/webmvc etc and continue using the older version of spring-webmvc-portlet 2.5 which has no such dependency?

No you cannot and next to that you shouldn't. The spring code is in general designed to be backwards compatible so using it with JSR 168 shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

thanks Marten.

spring-webmvc-portlet is not packaged with the core spring jars (atleast not in the package i downloaded) so im wondering if the same backward compatible gurantee applies?

Comment

I have made sure to have only the latest versions of everything, and I am not mixing old Spring jars in my class path. Thanks in advance...

Comment

Working...
        X