Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to Spring

Hi All,

I am new to spring and these days im preparing for developing a database driven web application using Spring. Can any one please explain what are the possible layers that this application can have? I think we need business logic layer and data access layer, then we could access data access layer through the business logic layer. so can we directly call methods of business layer from presentation layer?

Thanks,
    kelum

This is quite general Spring-architecture:

So the call chain goes like this:

web controller-->service call --> DAO call

Comment

Hi Durden,

Thanks for the reply...i would like to get more clarifications about the layers you mentioned above. i have done some searching found the basic Functionality for each layer

* Web layer - contains controllers, i think this is similar to actionServlet in Struts
      * Service layer - contains the business logic and calls DAO methods accordingly
      * DAO layer (including DAO`s & rich domain model) - Data Access Functionality

Then we need to keep our jsp files separately from this structure as Presentation layer. Or can we combine JSP files with the web layer?

I also found some thing called Business Delegate Layer in some articles. What is the purpose of this layer when considering this architecture?

Thanks
      Kelum

Comment

Hi,

The Business Delegate layer as the name suggests would delegate the work to the specific services. i.e. the controller will call the Business Delegate which in turn will have the configuration done for the services called on the service layer and also the conversion if any to be done from VO to DO vice versa etc can be done here.

Controller-> Delegate -> Service layer-> DAO

-Hetal

Comment

Hi! I am new to spring myself and that is why I am here to learn from you guys. Thanks for the clarifications/explanations you posted. Big help you guys.

Comment

Working...
          X