Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java object 'reporting' in Spring

Hey guys,

Okay this title is somewhat misleading, but I'm writing a short article/paper on accessing live objects, possibly for reporting purposes. I use Spring for the simple demo.

If possible, I'd like some feedback on this, since I'm very very far from an expert. Please let me know what you think, what should be added or removed, alternatives, or easier way to do things (perhaps with Spring in mind specifically).

You can download the very first draft of my article right here (Word document). It took me only about two hours to write it up, so I think especially the language part will not be that pretty

By the way, I hope I'm not breaking policy by posting this here :/

Thanks!

I only skimmed your article, but what you describe seem to have the same purpose than JMX, doesn't it?

Comment

It looks like it is

Since I'm definitely pretty new to all things J2EE, I didn't exactly now what JMX was all about, allthough I did know I was talking about something similar to the JBoss MBeans (the /jmx-console url could have given me a clue though).

Well, after doing some reading I'm a little bit more up to speed relating to JMX, and I notice what I talk about is about the same thing, only a lot less safe, and somewhat less invasive (since I only require the addition of a single bean with access to the context).

And then I found this page: http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj.../browse/SPR-47

And it looks like I'm (not surprisingly) way too late Seems like Spring is indeed going to have a somewhat more open implementation of JMX, looks very promising. I should read up some more on the JMX specification in general.

thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X