X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invoking Spring managed beans from Apache Axis provider

I'd like to integrate Axis with Spring in terms of developing custom Axis provider which calls given bean from Spring application context. I'm wondering if I'm on the right track -- if you've got any suggestions/risks I should consider doing it it'd be great.

I've got home-grown ESOA architecture based on Web Services with SOAP over JMS. In this solution there is a Process Manager that has knowledge about deployed services and it can combine individual services into one business functionality (one service provides one part of business functionality). Until now these services were written as POJOs (Message-Driven Bean receives a message, calls Axis engine to transform received SOAP envelope into Java objects using Castor, and to invoke given service). Right now I'd like to "springify" these services to benefit from declarative transactions, aop, etc.

The first thing that came to my mind (I'm a Spring newbie) is to develop custom Axis provider which retrieves (using Castor) Java objects from SOAP envelope that was received and then calls given bean via SingletonBeanFactoryLocator, and effectively invokes given operation on that bean.

I'm wondering if it's the appropriate usage of SingletonBeanFactoryLocator? Could "springifying" services be achieved any easier/proper/better?

I think the good thing in this solution is that I can utilize "automatic" serialization/deserialization between SOAP envelopes and Java objects provided by Axis and Castor.

WDYT?

Nikos
Working...
X