X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wdbetts
    I have read Spring In Action and Spring: A Developer's Notebook as well. I found Spring Live a good balance between hand holding and 30 thousand foot overview. This is my personal opionion, so take it with a grain of salt.
    I've also ready Spring: A Developer's Notebook and cannot recommend it. I agree with your "30 thousand foot overview" comparison. Spring is much too complicated for that type of book. And there are too many errors in the book.

I've read both Spring in Action and Pro Spring and like them both, but I also think that both of them could be better. I would prefer that both of them do more coverage of developing a web application and less of things like remoting and other "tangential" stuff. Perhaps a better way to do it would be a 2 volume set with one covering the web side in gory detail. I definitely think you could do a book the length of Spring in Action that just covers web applications.

Comment

The reason why Spring source uses PHP? Because Spring and Java suck. That's all

Someone said: "Why reinvent the wheel?" Holy shit... THERE ARE OVER 200 JAVA FRAMEWORKS OUT THERE and this guy is asking "why reinvent the wheel?" as an argument for using PHP. Yea that isn't hipocrisy at all. Not one bit.
      Spring source uses PHP because Spring and Java SUCK. They know what kind of crap is gonna happen if they try to use Spring for websites running in production so they just don't use it. It's overly complex, NOT what people want or need, poorly documented, poorly supported, useless, buggy, heavyweight, and obsolete. Long live the Spring? I don't think so. There's a reason Rod Johnson is exiting the game.

Comment

Working...
      X