Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - start with v. 2.5 or 3 M2

Hello everybody,

I've never used Spring before but want to give it a try in my next project which will hopefully start in 3 months. It would be a web application which uses ExtJS as frontend and makes heavy use of REST.

My question ist how different version 3 will be to 2.5? As far as I know there exists a large amount of documentation for 2.5 which would shorten my learning phase. On the other hand if v. 3 comes with some tremendous changes I think it would be better for me to stick to 3.0 M2 right from the start although its lack of learning material.

Greetings,

I don't think anyone expects Spring 3.0 to be finished before summer...

It is unfortunate in your case because Spring 3.0 will come with a lot of nice REST support, which will be great for you.

Developing against a milestone release is really something I wouldn't do except if i'm just playing with something. Anyway, this blog posting might be of interest to you: http://blog.springsource.com/2009/03...-spring-3-mvc/

Comment

thanks for you answer. The situtation is as I've feared. Are there some other Java-based Open Source frameworks with REST-capabilities?
      Also, is there some article that gives a good and detailled overview of the existing JEE-Frameworks?

Comment

Working...
      X