Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Dynamic Modules + OSGi in network devices

Hi.

Spring Dynamic Modules has given a sense to one of the objetives of OSGi, that is, OSGi in Enterprise Development (analogue to JEE).

Nevertheless, the initial goal of OSGi is make modular applications saving memory and space due to OSGi nature.

Do you think SDM (Spring Dynamic Modules) is applicable in OSGi network devices related projects?

I know there is a SpringFramework.me project which objective is making Spring available to mobile phones, for example.

But, I don't know if SDM is a good choice for developing OSGi projects to this kind of devices (not EE oriented).

Thank you very much in advance for your opinion.

My advice is to take Spring DM for a spin and convince yourself whether it makes sense to use it or not.
    Spring DM is focused mainly on the Springframework/OSGi integration - if using Spring makes sense for you then so will Spring DM inside OSGi. Notice however that things such as proxies might be complicated to support on some embedded devices however, potentially, you can replace that functionality inside Spring DM, if needed.

Comment

Thanks, Costin.

I have the concepts clearer now. (Spring DM is good to integrate Spring with OSGi, not working with OSGi by itself).

It can be a good exercise to try some things with Springframework.me and Spring DM with some network devices to see what works and what does not.

Comment

Working...
      X