Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring-based Mail Template Framework

Hello,

I have a need for a Spring-based framework to be used to send mail according to templates. And so I've written a partial one. It seems that this type of problem is required often enough that a similar one could enhance the Spring Framework -- I'm wondering if anyone agrees with this.

Such a framework would have the following concepts: an enhanced mail sender, a mail template, a mail template preparator, and mail template resolvers.

Mail templates would have logical names just like Views in MVC. They would be resolvable by a MailTemplateResolver. This enables caching and XML or ResourceBundle definition to be added just like views.

Once resolved, a preparator could convert the template from a template into a ready-to-send MimeMessage.

And finally, an enhanced mail sender could be set to accept a List of resolvers and a preparator. It could also be made to accept model data that should be available to every mail template, thus eliminating the need for service code to repeatedly add well-known data to the model meant for the template.

I think such a design has a place in Spring. I've developed my own implementation of this, but believe that a more considered implementation by the Spring team would be awesome!

Any thoughts?

Bill

It seems promising.

Could you share your code ?

Patrick

Comment

See the Spring modules project: https://springmodules.dev.java.net/. Send an email to the mailing lists.

Comment

How to avoid bulk mail as span

I am looking for instructions that will help me to avoid bulk mail as spam. Although lot of documents have been floated on internet and recommended to use in header of email.
        Could you please share any more appropriate documents to be followed up.

Regards,
        Chandra

Comment

Working...
        X