X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring-PHP

I would like to know if we do have a project in PHP5 since most of the sites are PHP based so why dont we think in that direction as well

If its already in place ...please i would like to have a sneak peek at it !!!!

Originally posted by krishnendra View Post
    I would like to know if we do have a project in PHP5 since most of the sites are PHP based so why dont we think in that direction as well

If its already in place ...please i would like to have a sneak peek at it !!!!
    Why is springsource.org relying on PHP pages? I thought spring + Java were enemies with PHP? is Spring mvc JNDI underlying framework not working? yea thought so.

Comment

Spring PHP

Why do we have a .NET flavour for spring considering that J2EE and .NET technologies are potential threats to each other ...so my point of question is why cant we have a PHP engine in place as well.

To go back memory lane Rod started Spring as an alternative way for J2EE applications...He started this as an introduction to Dependency Injection design pattern or more aptly Inversion of Control.

So if design pattern is in question why should it be tech dependent ...
      And doesnt spring source see PHP as a huge market ....?

Comment

While .NET and Java are capable of providing front-ends languages, via JSP, Velocity, etc. for Java, and ASP.NET in .NET, that is not the main focus of Spring.

The main focus is enterprise applications that may or may not have web front-ends. That is what Spring Core is all about. The Spring MVC framework is designed on top of Spring Core in order to provide support for a web front-end, again, in the enterprise.

What is nice about Spring MVC is it is capable of using other view technologies in order to build the view. For instance you can combine Java and PHP using Quercus.

Will there ever be a Spring MVC build in PHP, probably not. This is not likely because PHP is a web-only technology. It is also rarely used in the enterprise (no, a lot of traffic doesn't mean enteprise, and yes I know Yahoo! uses PHP for their front-end, along with some backend).

However, Spring does have incubator projects. So if you are willing to take on such a task, they maybe willing to provide incubator support. Only way to find out is to ask and then be willing to head/commit to such a large commitment.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcritical View Post
          However, Spring does have incubator projects. So if you are willing to take on such a task, they maybe willing to provide incubator support. Only way to find out is to ask and then be willing to head/commit to such a large commitment.
          Is there any more info on this? I defintely see the need for a PHP-flavor of spring core. I'd like to make it happend. Could somebody point me in the right direction?

Comment

Originally posted by oskar.blom View Post
            Is there any more info on this? I defintely see the need for a PHP-flavor of spring core. I'd like to make it happend. Could somebody point me in the right direction?
            https://github.com/PaulWeb/quercusspring

Comment

Working...
            X