Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use Spring for stock exhange and banking application?

We care about the Transaction, web service, application server. Where do I start? Where we find architecture document ?

Wow, this scares me... So, there is a bank out there that hires a software team that considers using a technology but that doesn't know how - or doesn't care - to google the documentation for that technology?

http://www.springsource.org/documentation

Do you need a good Java book too?

(Sorry for the sarcasm, I couldn't help it. )

Comment

Hmm this puts the credit crunch into a new perspective

Comment

Now now. No need for the sarcasm (though it was fun ). I'm sure it is all for gathering facts for making strategic decisions. Lets help out anyways.

There are a number of threads available on this forum. Some talk about general architecture discussions. Other talk about web services, transactions, etc. Here are some of the ones that I'm subscribed to:

In answer to your question, yes. Spring can be adopted when developing solutions for stock exchange and banking applications. In fact, Spring has been adopted within the Fortune 500 companies so it must be doing something right.

Spring also has a good Transaction management feature that integrates well with JTA as well as providing application server integration (like BEA WebLogic and IBM WebSphere). Declarative and programatic transaction are supported. http://static.springframework.org/sp...ansaction.html.

It works well with a number of application servers, as well as web containers (Tomcat). So the flexibility is there for a cost effective solution. One thing worth noting is the SpringSource dm Server. The information can be found at http://www.springsource.com/products/suite/dmserver.

Have a look at the above and what is also available on the web (search through Google). See what you think. If you have any questions feel free to post in.

All the best.

Shah.
        Last edited by shahnawazshahin; Dec 2nd, 2008, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Stock Exchange

Click to >> Current Status of Stock Exchange | Currency Exchange Rates | Currency Exchange News

Stock Exchange, Currency Exchange Rates,Currency Exchange NewsBeing the main force driving the global economic market, currency is no doubt an essential element for a country. However, in order for all the countries with different currencies to trade with one another, a system of exchange rate between their currencies is needed; this system, is formally known as foreign exchange or currency exchange.

In the early days, the system of currency exchange is supported solely by the gold amount held in the vault of a country. However, this system is no longer appropriate now due to inflation and hence, the value of one’s currency nowadays is determined through the market forces alone. In order to determine the value of a currency’s exchange rate, two main types of system is used which is floating currency and pegged currency.

Stock Exchange

Comment

Working...
          X