X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communication of Spring Web Services with SOA

Currently we r developing a a Spring based JEE Web Application. I would like to know how the Spring Webservices of this application communicate with SOA. How can this be evaluated. I would apprecaite for ur responses

"communicate with SOA" doesn't really make sense, but I can tell you that for building services, Spring-WS is a very nice option. The Spring-WS docs have good articles on the benefits of a contract-first approach that is promoted by Spring-WS. I would recommend Spring-WS for building web services, and then depending on what you think "SOA" means, you would then perhaps consider selecting an ESB (such as Mule or AquaLogic) that would mediate invocations to your Spring-WS-constructed web service.

Comment

If you mean, can Spring be used in environments such as SCA - then yes, Spring is in fact a big supporter of SCA and much of the SCA stuff (in my opinion) is fairly derivative from Spring itself and IOC design pattern.

If you mean, can Spring be used in environments like JMS, JBI, ESBs - then the answer is yes -- Spring remoting, Spring Integration are all great for this.

If you mean, can Spring be used with web services including WS-I compliant web services, then the answer is yes - Spring-WS is a great simplification of the programming model for server side development.

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
      X