Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring MVC or Struts 2 (EJB 3 based)

Hi,

I have to upgrade an existing Struts 1 application with Velocity and EJB 3 as datasource. EJB 3 is not a part of the upgrade, it should further be used.
    So I don't know what is the appreciation webframework to choose Spring MVC or Struts 2, maybe in combination with Spring Webflow? Hopefully you have some advices for me?

The application have some complex processes with many webflow.

Thanks for your help

Flashrider

If you really not sure about the scope of the project , better to choose a framework which is Rich and Flexible: i Suggest go for JBoss Seam.

Comment

Spring MVC 2.5 + Web Flow 2.0 is a great combination, and I'm not just saying that because I'm the Web Flow 2 guy.

My suggestion is to review the Spring 2.5 and Web Flow 2.0 sample applications and documentation during your evaluation process, make a informed decision based on that research, and go forward from there.

Happy Springing

Keith

Comment

Try them both, but Struts2 rocks

It all comes down to which one you're most comfortable with. Try prototyping your most common use cases with both and notice where your pain points are.

Personally I love Struts2 with its clever interceptor / action / result approach - it's a great approach that's easily extensible, I was able to add flash scope in very little time. I didn't try out Spring MVC 2.5, but I remember 2.0 to be a pretty good framework.

Cheers!
        GB

Comment

Working...
        X