X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing spring app with SAP

We are migrating our application to be available via the Portal engine in SAP, and was curious if others have crossed this bridge.

Now I need to access the ApplicationContext from the portal runtime too. I believe it must use the same instance of the ApplicationContext as the app deployed on the J2EE container, mainly because we have toplink doing the O-R, and want to share the same object cache.

So now I am looking for the best way to make the ApplicationContext available within the Portal code.

A little more background, because we are still in the process of migrating the existing code to spring, i have employed a singleton to represent the bean factory, until i retrofit the servlets to access it via the servlet context.

My thought was I would put the applicationcontext in the jndi tree, and get it from the portlet code...does that sound good? Any suggestions?

thanks

Craig

upon more thought

After some more thought, I think I see the flaws in my plan.

Instead I should create the SAP views within a web app which references the existing application. When i want to deploy on SAP i just deploy them together. When i deploy it in a non-SAP environment I just deploy the original .war file.

This better?

thanks

Craig

Comment

Craig,

I am currently developing a Spring application for development in SAP J2EE App server and Portal server. Do I need to developer iView for all the JSPs and controllers in my system?

Andi Giri

Comment

SAP Training videos

hi,

has anyone bought the training videos on www.sapjuice.com?
        is it worth buying? please advice....

Thanks,
        Alian

Comment

Working...
        X