Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the status of spring Pitchfork ?

i was looking at Pitchfork and the blog
    Pitchfork with tomcat
    and i find this a very interesting idea and i was thinking to use Pitchfork in one of my next project but i didn't find any update in this project for the last 6 months .
    and there is no link for this project from www.springframework.org and interface21.com .
    so my question is , Pitchfork still active project or not ?

If i'm not mistaken, Pitchfork already integrated into BEA Weblogic 10

Comment

isyak , thanks for your replay.
      i know that Pitchfork become a part in BEA Weblogic 10. but if your looked at www.springframework.org or interface21.com you will not find any new/updates about Pitchfork and the last release of Pitchfork was in 11-Jan-2007.

so i don't know if this project is still active or not, or BEA now the responsible to maintain this project.
      i ask these questions because i like the idea in http://springide.org/blog/2006/03/29...ing-on-tomcat/
      and i think of using Pitchfork & acegi (With support for JSR 250 security part) in one of my next project.

Comment

I tried using Pitchfork lately... got a strange error using it with Spring 2.0.6...

737 [main] ERROR org.mortbay.log - Nested in org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'helloService' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.springframework.aop.aspectj.annotation.Annotat ionAwareAspectJAutoProxyCreator.createAspectJAdvis ors(Lorg/springframework/aop/aspectj/annotation/AspectJAdvisorFactory;Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/ListableBeanFactoryLjava/util/List;:
        java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.springframework.aop.aspectj.annotation.Annotat ionAwareAspectJAutoProxyCreator.createAspectJAdvis ors(Lorg/springframework/aop/aspectj/annotation/AspectJAdvisorFactory;Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/ListableBeanFactoryLjava/util/List;
        at org.springframework.jee.intercept.InterceptionMeta data.addAspectJAdvisors(InterceptionMetadata.java: 802)
        at org.springframework.jee.intercept.InterceptionMeta data.createProxyIfNecessary(InterceptionMetadata.j ava:446)
        at org.springframework.jee.intercept.InterceptionMeta data.createProxyIfNecessary(InterceptionMetadata.j ava:394)
        at org.springframework.jee.intercept.InterceptionMeta dataBeanPostProcessor.postProcessAfterInitializati on(InterceptionMetadataBeanPostProcessor.java:44)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyBeanPostProcessors AfterInitialization(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFac tory.java:312)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1180)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:425)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:2 51)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultS ingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingleton BeanRegistry.java:156)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:248)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(Defaul tListableBeanFactory.java:287)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.ja va:352)
        at
        ... etc.

What is strange is that the method createAspectJAdvisors is not in the 2.0.6 jar, nor documented in the JavaDoc hosted by springframework.org, but I see older javadocs that do have that method...

Comment

Working...
        X