X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring and Legacy Client

We are working on redesigning a legacy system using Spring/Hibernate. Currently there are applications which use a Java based Client side API to talk to the server side component using TCP/IP. In order to keep the backward compatibility, we would like to still support this TCP/IP communication from our new architecture. How do i handle TCP/IP connections from Spring enabled applications? What are the alternatives?

Any input on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Could someone please answer my question?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Can you make the question more specific? TCP/IP is perhaps at the wrong abstraction level.

Comment

I would like to develop a server component which can accept requests via TCP/IP connection and provide service to legacy Java clients.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Comment

I've never done this; but surely you can update the TCP/IP listener layer to be configured via Spring bean wiring? If it is already setup to run inside a servlet/J2EE container then you should be good to go; otherwise you may have to do some fancy coding to get it to work - of course you could always just make the servlet layer pass on the requests it gets to the TCP/IP listener.

Comment

Thanks rrsIPOV. But our's is NOT a web-based application and hence NO servlets. The current implementation is PURE JAVA code.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X