Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handling Failed Beans

Hello all,

Let's say I have a bean in my config file which I wish to inject into my application which can become invalid due to external circumstances (for example, it's a remote object and the machine it's running on has died). Further when this bean fails, I want to replace it with another.

What's the best way to go about getting a new bean injected? Should I be using perhaps some form of smart beanfactory that can do this for me or should I just make the lookup of my bean configurable via spring and have my application code handle doing a new lookup when my old bean has died?

Is injection even the right mechanism for this?

Thanks,

Dan.

If different remote object follows same behaviour with different implementation than injection should be best strategy (different impl for same interface behaviour)

I think your application code should handle post-action for on the fly bean state using smart BeanFactory interface as proposed by you.

Shiv

Comment

For the special case of remote beans you might have a look at what the proxy factory you are using provides.

For example, the RmiProxyFactoryBean has a refreshStubOnConnectFailure property which allows exception handling to a degree. Other remoting factories (e.g. for EJB access) provide similar properties.

Regards,
      Andreas

Comment

Working...
      X