Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mule vs. SWF?

Hello,

I am architecturing a workflow following a requirements for my project. I know that SWF and Seam are pretty similar, but can I do any technical relation between Mule and SWF, when workflow is the concerning? What I meant is if I could replace SWF with Mule, or they complement each other in some way? I've read the ESB concepts, but it's not clear yet if I need this right now for the workflow process or I would be better only using SWF, since I don't have the SOA requirement.

Thanks in advance.

SWF is the controller framework for MVC based applications where as Mule is an object broker and ESB integration platform.

If your application is mainly web based i think you should consider using SWF. On other hand if you want to interact with varous transport providers then Mule is your best choice.

Comment

I know that SWF and Seam are pretty similar
      Well, no, SWF focuses on page flow management/definition while Seam is a full-stack application framework for JEE5 which includes this and many other features.

Comment

Thanks Bharani. Manuel, I should be more specific. I know that SWF is pretty similar to Jbpm, which makes part of Seam.

Comment

Spring Vs Mule

Hi DistillingSpring,

In your case, do you use Spring as the application container or Mule?

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X