Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-source ESB (enterprise service bus)

All,
    I am in the process of evaluating a number of open-source ESB (enterprise service bus) frameworks such as Mule, JORAM, ActiveMQ, to name a few. I would appreciate if you can share your knwoledge or experience using some of them.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
    -Guillermo

It depends on your use case. I've used mule and it's great. It integrates wonderfully with Spring, it allows you to use the event mechanism in Spring to send and receive messages. It's probably a bit too difficult to get started when integration with Spring because the docs aren't very clear on the details. If you need some help I can get you started. Just post a message on the mule developer mailing list.

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply. Did you look at other ESBs frameworks before you chose Mule?. If so, what your selection criteria was and why you picked it?

Comment

Did you look at other ESBs frameworks before you chose Mule?. If so, what your selection criteria was and why you picked it?
        I picked mule because I need to send message to remote hosts. Mule supports messaging via e-mail which works like a charm. I created my own idempotent layer between my services and mule.

The day I need message-driven bean functionality in Spring I'll have a look at ActiveMQ. It looks like it's a very powerful JMS server.

Comment

Mule also works well with ActiveMQ. Note that when using Spring and Mule, you can mix in Spring features such as the MDB, Dao, Transaction support into you Mule instance, so you get all the Spring features and never have to make final decisions about which technologies to use.

It's probably a bit too difficult to get started when integration with Spring because the docs aren't very clear on the details.
          Agreed. I'm actually working on this at the moment. Soon you'll be able to configure a Spring-based Mule instance using a Mule Xml file (which is much easier to write and has supporting Dtd). Also the Spring eventing stuff has been hugely simplified.

Comment

BTW, nice article on Mule providing Event-driven SOA

See: http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/j...131-soa_p.html

Summary
            Responding to real-time changes and events in a timely manner is becoming one of the most important requirements for an enterprise framework. This article discusses technologies and mechanisms that enable a service-oriented framework to effectively respond to real-time stimuli and, therefore, send and receive synchronous and asynchronous events across layers of an architectural stack without knowing the details of the underlying event system. (2,800 words; January 31, 2005)
            By Jeff Hanson
            -- jbetancourt

Comment

More info for ESB selection determination

News article on Mule's roadmap: Spring, OSGi, Virtualization, Eclipse IDE, and so forth.

"We're very complimentary with Spring and we align our feature sets to see where the synergies are," Mason said. "For Mule 2.0 we'll be based on top of Spring. The introduction of OSGi is something the Spring guys are hot about for things like hot deployment of services and versions of services."
              article: MuleSource Hits Milestone, Sets Roadmap for Mule

--- Josef

Comment

need some suggestion regrading mule

Originally posted by gt1601 View Post
                All,
                I am in the process of evaluating a number of open-source ESB (enterprise service bus) frameworks such as Mule, JORAM, ActiveMQ, to name a few. I would appreciate if you can share your knwoledge or experience using some of them.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
                -Guillermo

hi,

i was given task to implement ftp using mule , so can u just guideline how to start learing about framework , to implement FTP using mule, Is it neccessary to have understanding about framework.

thanks and regrads
                ramky

Comment

We proudly announce that Saddle goes Open source

www.saddle-integration.org

What is Saddle?

Saddle is an Open Source NetBeans-based graphical frontend to configure the Mule ESB. It allows you to graphically create, view, or edit the configuration files of Mule v2.x and 3.x.
                  You can even convert a v2.x configuration to a v3.x configuration.

Furthermore, it enables you to graphically map messages from different systems and to apply Java buisiness logic with all comfort you are used from your Java IDE.

Once the configuration work is done, Saddle allows you to administrate and monitor your runing Mule instances via any web browser.
                  This also includes the graphical tracing of messages through your integration schema.

Learn more about the features of Saddle in the documentation section.

Comment

Working...
                  X