Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flow of a Spring MVC Web application

Hello,
    I have been given a Spring MVC application to support, without ever having supported this type of application. So please be easy on me.

When asked if I could support it, I said sure. I'd find the entry point and follow the flow and learn each part step-by-step. But I find that is a little more difficult with all the pieces that make up the application.

Could someone explain to me in a Spring MVC web application what the first thing that happens is. I just got done reading on part of a book that said the dispatcher part occurs auto-magically. That isn't what I was looking for.

Does the dispatcher call the jsp at invocation of the application or does the jsp cause the dispatcher to be initiated as the lines of the jsp are executed?

Is there a basic flow chart anywhere that shows the starting point from invoking the application? By the way the application is run in WebSphere Application Server.

Thank you in advance,
    Larry

MVC Step-by-Step

Have a look at Spring MVC Step by stephttp://www.springframework.org/docs/...p-by-step.html

Also there are sample step by steps along with the spring downloads. Have look at them. It is very easy and straight forward.

You need to understand their concept of how and what all Controllers they have. Also they way the Views are named and resolved are independent of the View Technology. A book called Expert Spring MVC and Webflow is an excellent read.

Regards,
    Franklin.

Comment

Working...
    X