X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search engine

As we know the importance of search is high in current projects, Which framework is best to use for developing search engine.
    Scenario:
    The requirements of Search engine is to get the list of records from the database based on like, < and > operators. The technologies we are using the project are spring, ibatis and JSF and oracle 10g. The size of list can be as large as 1 million records few times .
    So the performance should be high.

Is Lucene any good for any database searches.

Thanks,
    babu

Are you speaking about full-text search? I heard and read that Lucene is quite good at that, though I haven't used it myself.

But maybe you can specify some more details about what the datastructure is and how search criteria should be applied to it.

Regards,
    Andreas

Comment

Hi Andreas,

It can be full text search or parital text search,
      say for example search for movie's by giving partial movie name or fullname and the operator(<,>,=,or LIKE based on data type) which brings back a List of records and shows them in other JSF page.

Thanks,
      Babu

Comment

With full-text search I meant picking out occurrences from a large text. This is what Lucene is made for.
        If you have a database structure and want to search for records based on "normal" table columns then I would suggest to use the database for it. This means creating SQL queries from the search criteria (or when using Hibernate: creating HQL queries).
        This should be the most efficient solution.

Regards,
        Andreas

Comment

Look at Compass - it's built on top of Lucene http://www.opensymphony.com/compass/

Comment

Working...
          X