X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring batchframework

I heard from a colleague that Rod Johnson said something on Javapolis about adding batch support in the Spring framework. Does anyone have more information about it?

Was this just a throw away comment, or did your colleague say Rod gave anymore away?

Comment

I've heard Rod say that aswell, but I can't remember the details on that anymore.

I did wonder what value batch support would add over the current scheduling possibilities?

Comment

Originally posted by momania View Post
        I've heard Rod say that aswell, but I can't remember the details on that anymore.

I did wonder what value batch support would add over the current scheduling possibilities?
        Batch processing could be the infrastructure based on top of the scheduling/runnable-processing functionality. It could be distribution of chunks/batches, ordering of chunks, lifecyclemanagement of batches/chunks etc.
        Last edited by Alarmnummer; Dec 21st, 2006, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by karldmoore View Post
          Was this just a throw away comment, or did your colleague say Rod gave anymore away?
          I don't know But I would like to hear more about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alarmnummer View Post
            Batch processing could be the infrastructure based on top of the scheduling/runnable-processing functionality. It could be distribution of chunks/batches, ordering of chunks, lifecyclemanagement of batches/chunks etc.
            I think this would be a great addition on top of the Executor framework of java.util.concurrent. If I can define my batch workflow based on metaphors like fork-join, pipelines etc. either through a DSL, scripting languages or at least XML and then have the Spring batch framework act on it ..

- Debasish

Comment

All we need now is someone with some information! Anyone........

Comment

Originally posted by karldmoore View Post
                All we need now is someone with some information! Anyone........
                May be Rod would swing by.

Comment

Originally posted by tatvamasi View Post
                  May be Rod would swing by.
                  Might be strictly a need to know basis

Comment

Working...
                  X