X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help - Question regarding PetClinic Example

I just created my first spring app (it's NOT web based application). I'm using JBoss/Hibernate/Spring/Eclipse combination.

I wrote some POJOs and generated mapping files using XDoclet successfully. Then i created a business interface and spring enabled it. I also created the applicationcontext.xml file.

So far, i was following the PetClinic example. This example has only one .hbm.xml file petclinic.hbm.xml file. In my application, i've generated one .hbm.xml file per POJO. My question is, how will i list all the .hbm.xml files under the property 'mappingResources' in the 'sessionFactoryBean'?

Do i need to use 'list' and list all the .hbm.xml files?

I'm sorry if i had asked some trivial question but i just started working on Spring 2 days ago and new to hibernate too.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Does the question belong to this category??

Anyway this is how you'd typically do it, use a 'list'

Code:
    <bean id="sessionFactory" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSessionFactoryBean">
    		<property name="dataSource"><ref local="dataSource"/></property>
    		<property name="mappingResources">
    			<list>
    				<value>/bw/ebs/application/library/system/domain/Copy.hbm.xml</value>
    				<value>/bw/ebs/application/library/system/domain/Fine.hbm.xml</value>
    				<value>/bw/ebs/application/library/system/domain/Book.hbm.xml</value>
    				<value>/bw/ebs/application/library/system/domain/Patron.hbm.xml</value>
    				<value>/bw/ebs/application/library/system/domain/Reservation.hbm.xml</value>
    				<value>/bw/ebs/application/library/system/domain/Section.hbm.xml</value>
    			</list>
    		</property>
    		<property name="hibernateProperties">
    			<props>
    				<prop key="hibernate.dialect">$&#123;hibernate.dialect&#125;</prop>
    				<prop key="hibernate.query.substitutions">true 1, false 0</prop>
    			</props>
    		</property>
    	</bean>
    [/code]

Comment

Re: Need Help - Question regarding PetClinic Example

Originally posted by spring04
      Do i need to use 'list' and list all the .hbm.xml files?.
      That's it. The property actually expect a String[]. When you pass a single value it creates a 1 item array, but when using a list, it will create a multi item array and the session factory bean will load them all.

HTH

Olivier

Comment

Actually, if you use XDoclet to create the hibernate.cfg.xml file, you can just reference it as shown here.
        Last edited by robyn; May 14th, 2006, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks Everyone.

It's really great that i can just refer the config location and point to the xdoclet generated .hbm.xml.

Let me try it out!

Comment

Need Help - Question regarding PetClinic Example

Using Xdoclet, i'm creating *.hbm.xml files for each POJOs and we don't create .hbm.cfg.xml. We use hibernate.properties as we only need to configure dialect using this. Our environment is JBoss/Spring/Hibernate. In this case, i think i need to use just list to list all the *.hbm.xml files in the applicationcontext.xml file. My concern is that i had to hardcode the path for each and every file. Is there a way i can give the directory information in one place and just use the file names of .hbm.xml file?

Thanks!

Comment

There is a thread on the dev list discussing this.

Comment

Working...
              X