X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Batch system

Hello there! I'm designing a system which one of the requirements is a mailing system. We expect a heavy amount of emails to be sent (It's a system where the city hall can get in touch with registred users), we expect something from 360K-500K emails on our database.
    The entire project is based on spring, and I do not plan to use other framework for the mail requirements.
    I have one question though, that regards the mail server. sending such a huge amount of email would not overhead the email server? I was thinking in desing approaches (using batch sends, where I would send X messages during a time and then send another amount).

Does anyone here ever worked with such requirement? How did you guys deal with it?

Best Regards

Originally posted by viniciuscarvalho
    Hello there! I'm designing a system which one of the requirements is a mailing system. We expect a heavy amount of emails to be sent (It's a system where the city hall can get in touch with registred users), we expect something from 360K-500K emails on our database.
    The entire project is based on spring, and I do not plan to use other framework for the mail requirements.
    I have one question though, that regards the mail server. sending such a huge amount of email would not overhead the email server? I was thinking in desing approaches (using batch sends, where I would send X messages during a time and then send another amount).

Does anyone here ever worked with such requirement? How did you guys deal with it?
    More than a year ago I have worked on a email batch send system (also for 10/100k mails) and we finally created our own smtp-protocol implementation (very simple protocol) that gave us all the control and feedback we could get. I worked like a charm The system was wired up in Spring, used Hibernate/Velocity and also used the concurrency library of java 5 (we had a cool factory line that created and enhanced the emails).
    Last edited by Alarmnummer; Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X